Ahead of the Curve

Wednesday, June 30, 2010


On last Saturday, our "free day" I decided to go to Wimbledon and watch some tennis. I have always wanted to go to a major tennis tournament, and I figured this trip was the perfect opportunity. Not knowing exactly what to do or exactly where to go, I eventually found my way there in the early afternoon. According to the people in the queue (line) early afternoon means very late. I found out that there were no more tickets to the main matches, but only ground tickets to merely get into the park. Despite my disappointment I was so determined to get in, I waited the full 5 hours. Here is a picture of me inside on Wimbledon hill. This is where people who don't have tickets to the main matches sit and watch on the HUGE television screen. I got to see the end of my favorite player, Rafael Nadal, and after, England's favorite Andy Murray play! In my opinion, it was well worth the wait, and a free Saturday well spent!

No comments:

Post a Comment