Ahead of the Curve

Wednesday, June 30, 2010






The highlight of week one for me was being able to visit London and see so many historical places that I never dreamed I would be standing right in front of. It is truly a blessing to be able to experience this with other students who can also appreciate the beauty of it all. I was able to see the guards at Buckingham Palace, go into the church at Westminster Abbey, and stand right in front of Big Ben. Touring the Florence Nightingale museum was also an amazing and inspiring experience. I was truly humbled to see what she had to go through and how far nursing has come due to her efforts. I can only hope to touch a fraction of the lives that she's touched by being the best nurse I can be. There were so many beautiful places in London, the architecture and the culture are simply amazing. I was reminded a lot of New York because of the mix of cultures and how busy it was.









No comments:

Post a Comment